Small Animal Vet in Skelton
If you are looking for a small animal vet in Penrith, Carlisle, Wigton, Keswick or surrounding areas then please do not hesitate to get in touch with professionals here at The Green Veterinary Surgery, Skelton. The practice was established over 60 years ago. We keep up to date with the equipment and knowledge to provide for your needs, and the needs of your pet. With our expertise and knowledge you can be confident that you and your pet are in the safest of hands.
Small Animal Veterinary Practice
We have an enviable reputation within the local area, and we are always on hand to offer you expert advice and assistance when it comes to your pet. We know that pets are a part of the family, and we do our best to ensure that we provide a high standard of care to all companion animals who visit the practice. We have many facilities available, and provide a wide range of services including:
- Consultations by appointment
- Routinely up to 30 minutes if required – giving time for your pet to settle in, and no feeling rushed through
- Routine Surgical procedures
- Caesarean section
- Owners can wait in the consulting room during procedure if there are no other consultations on, or come back later, once the operation is complete to collect mum and her pups.
- All operations and anaesthetics are Veterinary Surgeon or Veterinary Nurse monitored plus Multiparameter monitor equipment.
- Modern Anaesthetics
- Alfaxan, Sevoflurane and the Humphrey ADE delivery system
- 24hour emergency out of hours service, manned by our own veterinary surgeons
- Digital and dental X-ray (Avoiding processing chemicals going into the environment)
- Endoscopy (Rigid and Flexible)
- Cryosurgery (Freezing with Liquid Nitrogen – for skin tumours, warts, etc.)
- Glaucoma screening (to check for changes in eye pressure) with Tonometer, and other eye checks
- In house lab tests with rapid results
- Wide Range of In-House Blood Tests Available for diagnosing or simply checking you pet.
- Progesterone Test for accurate timing of ovulation/mating for bitches
- Long-Term Monitoring Tests including for Thyroid, Epilepsy Treatment, Liver and Kidney Disease, and Cushing’s Testing
- Lyme s disease (Spread by Ticks)
- Heart Worm
- Diabetes (Sugar diabetes) – including Glucose and Fructosamine testing
- Clotting defect tests, including for accidental rodenticide/rat poison ingestion
- Pet passports
- Routine vaccination and worming
- Weight checks
- Pet Health Plan for Preventative Health Care
We host a vaccination amnesty in the late spring, so if your pet’s vaccination programme has lapsed it will be re-scheduled by us. Keeping up to date with vaccinations seems to be a requirement for maintaining Insurance Cover by many Pet Insurance Companies, so for your peace of mind, please check your policy small print. We also have many other special offers available. If you would like to find out more then please do not hesitate to contact us today. Please remember that we are always here for you and your pet.
We work on an appointment system for consultations, but please let us know, as we offer flexibility of appointment time, if you can not manage 9am-5pm. We offer free nurse advice on weight, neutering, flea and worm treatments, and we recommend that you bring your pet for regular vaccinations, and keep up to date with worming, flea and tick treatments to keep your pet in top class condition. To help with this, you can take advantage of our Practice Health Plan, offering you a value for money option on Preventative Health Care, while spreading your costs for easier budgeting through the year.
We now offer ‘Agria Activated’ in our Puppy and Kitten Packs , which we think offers one of the best health insurance covers and the best customer service for you.
Agria Activated is a 5 weeks free puppy and kitten pet insurance to all our clients with young pets to help cover unexpected vets bills. (You are not obliged to accept this free insurance cover for your puppy or kitten to benefit from everything else in our Pack, but it really is free, so why not take it while you consider your other choices.)
It is necessary to understand that not all pet insurance policies are the same. Some policies limit the amount of time, money or both that you can claim for so don t just look at price alone.
Terms, conditions and excesses apply. Agria Pet Insurance Limited is registered and incorporated in England and Wales. Registered number: 4258783. Registered office: 2b Alton House Office Park, Gatehouse Way, Aylesbury, Bucks HP19 8XU. Agria Pet Insurance Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Financial Services Register number: 496160.
Please ask for more details of this by calling the surgery on 01768 484 258, or visiting us to discuss your requirements.
Other Insurance Companies and Types of Insurance are Also Available on the Market.
Choose Agria Insurance
At The Green Veterinary Surgery, we suggest considering lifetime insurance products from Agria for the following reasons:
– Pick and Mix choice of benefits including breeding risk cover
– Specialist pet insurer with 125 years experience
– UK based call centre with excellent customer service
– Excellent veterinary fees cover, renewed each year
– 5 Weeks Free insurance for puppies and kittens
Click the Agria Banner below and get a quote today!
24 Hour Out of Hours
We do provide our own 24 hour, out of hours, emergency veterinary care to registered clients, those needing a veterinary surgeon, and visitors to the area. If your animal has been involved in an accident, is ill, or you are concerned about them in any way, please contact us on 01768 484 258 and we will arrange for our duty vet to call you, or arrange to meet you at the surgery at Skelton. There is an additional fee for the out of hours service to cover for the need to provide this service, much as you might find with other emergency providers who you need to call. This is only charged where we actually see you at the surgery. Please feel free to discuss this with the member of staff you speak to when you call.